tel. 06172-764 65 0
fax 06172-764 65 25
RIMS e. V. is the registered association and thus the formal organizing body of the Rhein-Main International Montessori School (RIMS). Its purpose is the operation of officially recognized private schools with a pedagogical specialization. The aim of education at Montessori schools is to give students the means to become confident and independent individuals, to equip them for the world of work and to develop their sense of social responsibility. Respect, altruism and tolerance, integrity and honesty are the basis for a holistic education as provided for in Article 56 Section 4 of the Constitution of the state of Hessen.
Besides conveying knowledge, our school encourages a humanitarian approach. By doing the best we can for each young person as an individual, we seek to engender a sense of mutual esteem among our students.
Dr. Andrea Schneider
Advisory Board Members:
The Board is charged with the management of the Association. Its main tasks are:
- Dealing with the operational business of the Association and any special purpose enterprises founded by the Association. The management and organization of the special purpose enterprises are governed by separate by-laws.
- Convening the annual members’ meeting.
- Establishing a budget for each business year; keeping of accounts; preparing an annual report.
- Appointing and dismissing the principals (school directors) of the special purpose enterprises.
- Agreeing and terminating contracts of employment subject to prior consultation with the school directors.
The Advisory Board supports the Board with advice on important matters of concern to the Association. It has the following tasks:
- Convening an extraordinary members’ meeting if substantial changes in the financial situation of the Association make this necessary or if it believes that the continued existence of the Association is threatened.
- Giving an opinion on the question of the release of the Board from liability at the members’ meeting.